Sainsburys move to LED lighting not only saves energy as part of the 20×20 sustainability plan but also transforms stores and depots.
They have been involved in the filming of a film for Lux Magazine. The film focuses on the challenges and requirements involved in transforming the various types of lighting across our estate to LED’s.
For example, the Wolverhampton store, shown in the video, now comprises all the new technologies Sainsburys have been working on to increase our stores’ energy efficiency without compromising on the quality of lighting.
Here are some of the key points:
- 200 stores have been transformed by LED lighting
- A variety of LED light types are used within the stores and depots, including ‘Sky Tiles’, Linear LED’s and ‘Blade Lighting’
- Support centre in Coventry has seen a significant improvement thanks to LED installation with no call outs for repair or maintenance on the newly fitted LEDs
- Depot in Essex has been transformed by LED installation with greatly increased lighting levels
- Work with Dextra group has resulted in unique LED boards being made specifically for Sainsbury’s
- Store in St. Albans benefited from re-using previous light fittings in the LED refit as part of one of the largest LED rollouts in the UK